27.5.10

segundo


no segundo dia, ida ao supermercado e ligeiramente assustada com os preços e dificuldade em encontrar algo que não seja processado quinhentas mil vezes. até a papa de aveia vem em saquetas! espero em breve saber como fazer compras bem e encontrar coisas saudaveis... sem ir à falência ou passar o dia no supermercado!
_
on the second day, time to go to the supermarket and become slightly freaked out by the prices and the difficulty to find something that hasn't been processed five thousand times. even oatmeal comes in individual doses packs! I hope I can soon manage to shop well and find healthy things... without going bankrupt or spending the whole day at the supermarket!


no segundo dia, comecei a minha visita a manhattan à porta da sagmeister inc. acho que começo a acreditar mais um bocadinho. tirei esta fotografia à caixa de correio e depois fugi assim que ouvi passos. ei! quem é que quer ser encontrado pelo futuro chefe em modo turístico a fotografar a caixa de correio?!
_
on the second day, I begun my visit to manhattan at the sagmeister inc. front door. I think I'm starting to belive it a bit more. Took this picture to the mailing box and then run off the minute I heard footsteps. hey! Who wants to be found by their future boss in tourist-mode taking pictures of the mailing box?!



no segundo dia fartei-me de andar. como é a primeira vez que cá estou, e já que tenho uns dias para passear antes de começar a trabalhar resolvi ser um bocadinho turista e ir aos pontos chave. da 23 fui para a broadway, depois até times square, até à 46 e por fim desci a 5a avenida até à 14. este sistema de ruas é absolutamente genialmente simples! e sim, passei o dia de olhos postos no céu arranhado. e sim, estou completamente rendida a esta cidade.
_
on the second day I walked a lot. Since it's my first time here, and having a few days to walk around before starting work I decided to be a tourist for a bit and head for the key spots. From 23rd went to broadway, then to times square, then to 46th and at last went down the 5th avenue right until the 14th. this street naming system is absolutely genially simple! and yes, I spent the entire day with my eyes on the scraped sky. and yes, I'm completely surrendered to this city.


no segundo dia fui ver a exposição Design Journeys: You are Here no AIGA National Design Centre. Encontrei-a por acaso, e foi tão adequada ao momento e ao que estou a sentir, acabada de chegar. estou aqui. consegui. e pelos vistos não sou a única!

verde: de onde vem a tua família?
amarelo: de onde vens tu?
azul: onde queres estar?
_
on the second day I saw the Design Journeys: You are Here exhibition on the AIGA National Design Centre. I bumped into it and it ended up being so right for the moment and my present mood, having just arrived. I am here. I did it. and I guess I'm not the only one!

green: where is your family from?
yellow: where are you from?
blue: where do you want to be?


no segundo dia não sabia bem o que pintar no mural da exposição. então escrevi o que estava a sentir.
_
on the second day I didn't know exactly what to paint on the exhibition wall. so I wrote what I was feeling.

1 comentário:

hpc disse...

Até as bolachas se prepararam para te receber, Maria.
Beijinhos